An Ed Bell Story

Anyone that ever met Ed Bell at his marina on Powderhorn Pass knew
that he was a very special person. If you ever fished on his lighted
pier in the pass or have a story to tell about Mr. Bell, please add
it here.

An Ed Bell Story

Postby gcf1 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:38 am

As told to Jim Smith by Ed Bell:

As he got older in age, Ed was known as quite a story teller. One of his favorite intros when you knew a good story was coming was “You’re not going to believe what happened to me today.” One day after one such opening, Ed told me of a young lady that had come to the marina that very day and requested a fresh redfish. Ed said he raised the fish tank holding several large reds and took one out and put it on the pier. He said it was flopping around all over the pier and he was having a difficult time trying to chop off its head with a hatchet.

“Then,” he said with a look of disbelief, “that lady came up to me and asked if I was sure that red was fresh!” :roll: :lol:
gcf1
Site Admin

Re: An Ed Bell Story

Postby The Smoker King » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:20 pm

Funny! The last time I went fishing down there, I wish I would have had a few reds flopping around!
The Smoker King

Postby LBell1 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:31 pm

We really did run into some strange people at Indianola, but mostly the people were great. My fondest memory of dad was waking up in the early hours of the day with his hardy laugh, from his or someone else's tall tale.
LBell1

Postby LBell1 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:24 pm

One of my favorite fishing story was when:

One night Dad went floundering on Powderhorn Lake. He got really tired and decided to rest a while. He found a log to help break the night's chilly breeze. He thought about putting his gig in the log, and then changed his mind. He knew that the wood would dull the prongs on the gig. So, he put the gig in the ground beside the log before he laid down by the log. He fell asleep. Later he woke to the chilly breeze. Apparently, the log (alligator ) walked away.
LBell1

Postby gcf1 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:33 pm

Ed_n_Alma_.jpg
Ed_n_Alma_.jpg (24.41 KiB) Viewed 8610 times

"Ed and Alma Go Fishing" (July 2010)
by Leann Bell
Available at Amazon.com
gcf1
Site Admin

Return to Ed Bell