4th of July

What's happening now at Indianola, upcoming events, what's in bloom, birds spotted, etc.

4th of July

Postby The Smoker King » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:05 pm

I decided to head down to Powderhorn Lake with my wife and a few friends Saturday evening to celebrate Independence Day. We fished the back of Powderhorn Lake with live shrimp under a popping cork, but the luck wasn't on our side. The water was fair, but the wind increased throughout the afternoon. After striking out in the lake, we drove down to fish around the old Powderhorn ranch house. The water was very clear, and I might have had a few nibbles, but no luck there either.

The fireworks display in Port O'Connor is always nice, and the run between POC and Indianola isn't too bad with a South wind. We decided to head on down and fish a little in the POC area until a little before dark, and park the boat at the front beach to watch the fireworks. I have never seen them from the water, but it is a neat experience.

I did catch an 18" trout inside the little jetties which was the only keeper of the afternoon; best luck I have had all year...

My wife took a few pictures on her camera, and I will post them later.

Hope you all had a good 4th!
The Smoker King

Return to Current Events