Jecker-Nitche-Eifert

Do you have a descendant with a connection to Indianola you are trying to locate or would like to talk about? Post it here.

Jecker-Nitche-Eifert

Postby Jecker-Nitche » Sun May 03, 2009 10:08 pm

I am looking for history of the Herman Nitsche family, believed to be active in Indianola about 1860, moved to Cuero 1873. Wife: Anna Sitterle

Also I am a member of the Jecker family, "Pete" Jecker, who came in to Indianola in 1851.

I have not found much information on his wife, Mary Eifert (spelling) thus far.

Linda!
Jecker-Nitche

Re: Jecker-Nitche-Eifert

Postby Linda JN » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Many things have been found since the last post. Brothers Adolph and Hermann Nietsche both were members of the Eighth (Hobby's) Infantry, Company B (Confederate) in the Civil War. Hermann appears in an 1870 Indianola Census living in a boarding house. He did not marry Anna until 1873 in Victoria, they then moved to Cuero, where they had the first male child born there, Adoplh.

Anna Maria Ifert came from Switzerland in 1852. The family has a long history there and there is much more to be found out. She went by Maria, lived in Soultz for a time, probably spoke French, German, Swiss and of course, English. He sister Anna Rosina was married to Eduard Schneider who formed a Methodist Prayer Church in Raisin, TX. The father, Henry, is said to be buried in the Willimen family cemetery.

Thanks to a Swiss internet connection, I have also received a copy of a book written by Carl Schneider describing the voyage, the steamboat to Indianola and the trek to Victoria. Carl and his wife did not find Texas as beautiful as Eduard had described it and returned to Switzerland.
Linda JN

Return to Genealogy/History